Bail is an upcoming Hindi (Bollywood) Mystery Drama film. The original title of the film was Zamaanat: And Justice for All. The tentative release date is 12 December 2023.
S. Ramanathan is the producer and director of Bail (2021). His last directorial was "Faisla" released in the year 1988. He has directed many films, including Bombay to Goa (1972) and Mahaan (1983). Amitabh Bachchan was the lead actor in both films.
Viju Shah has composed music for the film. M.D. Sunder and Prayag Raj have written the screenplay, whereas Om Shree has written the film story.
Amitabh Bachchan has played the lead role. Vijayshanti, Karisma Kapoor, Arshad Warsi, Prakash Raj, and Anupam Kher have played pivotal roles. Fatima Sana Shaikh (Child Actor), Sharad Saxena, Shivaji Satam, Ayub Khan, and Tinnu Anand have played supporting roles.
Bail depicts two stories, which later merge into one.
The first story is of Shiv Shankar (Amitabh Bachchan), who is a notable lawyer. He always stands for the truth and contests cases with due honesty.
Shiv is in love with Doctor Shanti (Vijayshanti). However, he loses his vision in an accident. Shiv then decides to live a solitary life leaving behind his beloved Shanti and disappears from the city.
Kajal (Karisma Kapoor) belongs to an affluent family. Kajal is in love with her classmate Suraj (Arshad Warsi), a poor guy.
Kajal wants to marry Suraj, while her father (Anupam Kher) wants her to marry Sunil (Ayub Khan). Sunil is the son of a businessman who is also a partner of Kajal's father.
Sunil comes to know about Suraj. Sunil hatches a plan to frame innocent Suraj for a murder. Police arrest Suraj and send him to jail. Kajal tries her level best, but all her efforts to free her beloved become futile.
Shiv Shankar (Amitabh Bachchan) is the last hope for Kajal, who believes that Shiv can bring justice for her lover. Kajal starts finding Shiv Shankar and finally finds him.
Shiv gets his door knocked after many years. In the first instance, he refused to contest the case. However, his emotions compel him to fight for justice for Suraj (Arshad Warsi). However, he has no evidence to prove the innocence of Suraj in the court of law.
1. S. Ramanathan, the director/producer, did three movies with Amitabh Bachchan. He planned a film titled 'Rudra' with Amitabh Bachchan after completing Gangaa Jamunaa Saraswathi in 1988.
2. The plan did not work, and the film was launched on 6 June 1996 as Aryaman.
3. Rajinikanth gave the Muhurat Shot featuring Amitabh Bachchan.
4. The film kept on delaying due to many reasons. Creative differences of Karisma Kapoor with the Producer was one of the reason.
5. The film was titled 'Dard' during its production.
6. Finally, it took around 25 years to complete the movie with the title Bail.
To be Updated Soon.
|Fatima Sana Shaikh|